Filter by Category
In Person Lab/Skills
Blended Nursing Assistant Training (CNA)
with Wendy Sandford
Bristol offers two Nursing Assisting Training (CNA) options:
Click here to find out which training works for you
Click here to view Frequently asked questions
Questions: Please email email@example.com
This 80-hour course of Blended training gives you the opportunity to start your training to be become a CNA with a flexible course option. Up to 50% of the program coursework is provided through a digital immersive, story-based curriculum.
This digital curriculum teaches future nursing assistants the skills needed to succeed in their job, while engaging students. In conjunction with online theory, students will meet in person with highly qualified instructors in our state approved lab to learn the skills portion of their Nursing Assistant Training, as well as clinical hours in a skilled nursing facility.
This course is recommended for those students that may be unable to attend full in- person classes or for those who prefer online learning.
Online Theory 40 hours, In person Lab/Skills 19 hours and 21 hours clinical. With successful course completion, you will receive a Nurse Assistant Training certificate and will be eligible to take the State NAT Competency Exam.
The cost of uniforms and State testing fees are not included. Pre-requisite forms must be completed prior to the start of class. Registration ends two weeks prior to the class.
All In Person skills held at Bristol Community College
777 Elsbree Street, Fall River, MA 02720
Room E201 A
- DATES FOR IN-PERSON SKILLS AND CLINICAL ARE MANDATORY!!!
- *In-person dates listed below for each class.
- 40 hrs of online course work can be completed during any time that works for you
- You must meet weekly sections assigned prior to skills session.
September 21 – November 5, 2022
Orientation: September 21st (ONLINE)
*In Person Skills: September 28, October 5, 12, 19, 26
5pm – 9pm
* In Person Clinical: October 29, 30 & November 5th
7am – 3pm
October 13 – November 16, 2022
Orientation: October 13th (ONLINE)
*In Person Skills: October 31, November 1, 7, 8
Monday & Tuesdays
9am – 2:30pm
* In Person Clinical: November 14, 15, 16
7am – 3pm
November 8 – December 16, 2022
Orientation: November 15th (ONLINE)
*In Person Skills: November 22,29; December 6, 13
9am – 2:00pm
* In Person Clinical: December 14, 15, 16
7am – 3pm
Important Information: To meet program requirements prerequisite forms must be uploaded to a link that you will receive via email after registering. Forms must be uploaded to the link for secure processing. Do not email forms. These forms must be received prior to the start of class.
Attention Employers: If you are interested in learning more about how to send your employees to training at no charge or a reduced rate through the Workforce Training Fund Program (WTFP) Express Program, contact Business Solutions and Partnerships (BS&P) at BusinessSolutions@Bristolcc.edu or click here to get started.
Supervising the 21st Century Workforce
A supervisor’s success hinges on how effectively they can communicate and manage their team’s performance. People at all levels of management face a number of challenges and responsibilities, especially under rapid workplace change and the role of the supervisor continuing to evolve. High performing teams don’t just happen - they are made up of individuals who bring a broad spectrum of skills, talents and experiences to the workplace and are often developed one member at a time. To keep a team fully engaged, a supervisor must be able to manage of change and communicate effectively. Changes that are negatively perceived by team members can disrupt morale and the flow of work.
This course highlights how changes in the workplace and in society, have necessitated changes in how a professional supervisor leads and directs people to achieve greater business results and professional development.
Topics covered in this 20-hour training include:
Topic 1: The Changing Role of the Supervisor
- Making the transition from employee peer to supervisor
- Trust and credibility
- Fear vs. respect: how should you manage?
- Mini-DiSC: what's your style of supervising?
Topic 2: Increasing Supervisory Effectiveness
- Effective communication
- Communication style & asking good questions
- Listening skills & non-verbal communication
- Task & time management
- Delegating & managing change
Topic 3: Supervising a Diverse Workforce
- Managing diversity & inclusion
- Promoting inter-cultural communication
- Supervising a multi-generational workforce
Topic 4: Performance Management
- Introduction to coaching & feedback
- Using G.R.O.W. - A Coaching Discussion Model
- Introduction to Discipline in the Workplace
What am I going to get from this course?
- Describe changes in the business climate that have influenced a change in how supervisors manage their direct reports.
- Explain the impact that a supervisor’s trust and credibility has on team performance.
- Articulate and demonstrate the habits of credible leadership.
- Demonstrate how to effectively use your knowledge and understanding of DiSC profiles to build and develop more collaborative, cohesive and productive work relationships within your team and with individual team members.
What will participants need to know or do before starting this course?
Participants should be aware of workplace policies and challenges in their organization and ready to share since participation is encouraged. Everyone has leadership qualities. This course is recommended for new supervisors and supervisors in the role looking to update their skills. All experiences are welcome.
Description of Degree/Certificate/License:
A Bristol Community College Business Solutions and Partnership digital certificate of completion will be awarded to demonstrate the participant's achievement necessary to gain employment or advance within an occupation.
*Attention Employers: If you are interested in learning more about how to send your employees to training at no charge or a reduced rate through the Workforce Training Fund Program (WTFP) Express Program, contact Business Solutions and Partnerships (BS&P) at BusinessSolutions@Bristolcc.edu or click here to get started: https://bit.ly/3DayCHB