HVAC/R Certified Technician (Voucher Included)
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
If you have more than a year of HVAC/R experience, this course will prepare you for the next step—certification. HVAC/R technicians are in demand, but certified technicians can earn more and have better career opportunities.
This course uses hands-on service call simulations to prepare for the HVAC Excellence or NATE certification exams. By course completion, you will be ready to pass the HVAC Excellence Core and Professional Technician exams, the NATE Core and Specialty Test exams, and the EPA 608 certification exam. You will also receive a voucher package to take the HVAC Excellence exams. However, please research your state's requirements prior to enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you.
By course completion, you will be fully prepared to sit for the HVAC Excellence Core and Professional Technician exams, the NATE Core and Specialty Test exams, and the EPA 608 certification exam.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive an HVAC Excellence ESCO Group Voucher Package that includes:
*To sit for the HVAC Excellence Core exam, you must provide two years of documented work experience. Exam proctor fees may apply.
Additionally, this course aligns with the following Professional Technician specialty areas (vouchers are not included for the below exams):
- Principals of Electrical and Refrigeration Theory
- Residential Air Conditioning
- Gas HeatElectric Heat
- Heat Pump Installer
- Heat Pump Service
- Light commercial Air Conditioning
- Light commercial Refrigeration
What you will learn:
- Understand the procedures and criteria needed to conduct a residential energy audit
- Four basic components that make up the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle
- Functions and desired characteristics of system refrigerants
- Demonstrate piping operations typically performed by the air conditioning technician
- Properly installing and operating an air-conditioning systemLatest advances and trends in green technology
- EPA laws governing safe refrigerant handling and transport
- Recovering, recycling, reclaiming, and retrofitting refrigerants
How you will benefit:
- Be prepared to sit for the NATE Certification exams
- Be prepared to sit for the HVAC Excellence Certification exams
- Be prepared to sit for the EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling exam
- Use real-world simulations included in this course to get "hands-on" experience
- Soft skills simulations included in the course will help sharpen your customer service skills
This course is designed for HVAC/R technicians with one-to-two years of industry experience. In addition, you should have a high school diploma or GED.
However, if you do not have previous work experience in the HVAC/R industry, we recommend taking the HVAC/R Technician course.
Please research your state's requirements prior to enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you.
Registration open anytime: Mar 29th, 2021 - Jun 30th, 2025