Human Resource Compliance for Supervisors
To participate in this training, please register your business with the Workforce Training Fund Small Business Direct Access Program.
Being an effective supervisor requires knowing and understanding the human resource compliance aspects of managing direct reports. In today’s work environment it is vital for supervisors to know basic labor laws and regulations. Learn how to navigate the tricky waters of employment policies to avoid making costly mistakes. It is vital that supervisors are aware of the basics surrounding workplace policies and labor laws governing all aspects of leave, substance abuse policies with the legalization of marijuana, and the bounds of interviewing, and hiring and firing.
Topics covered in this 8-hour training include:
- Understanding the Role of Supervisors in Supporting Company Policies
- Creating a Safe and Productive Work Environment
- Hot Topics: Updates to Federal Law, State Law, Covid-19 Safety, and remote work
- Sexual Harassment: No
- More MeToo's
- America First Does Not Mean Discriminate: Understanding Form I-9 & ICE
- Affordable Care Act
- Free Speech in the Workplace
- The State of Marijuana
- Implications for Multi-State Companies: Nationwide Trends
What am I going to get from this course?
- Participants will gain skills and confidence in handling common employment related situation. You will learn straight forward steps on how to approach a situation and when it is advisable to engage your human resource experts. You will understand the concepts of equal treatment and precedents and how to limit the legal risks to you and your company
What will students need to know or do before starting this course?
- Participants should be aware of policies and challenges in their organization as participation is encouraged. This course is recommended for new supervisors and supervisors in the role looking to update their skills. All experiences are welcome.
For more info, call us at 774.357.2527