Effective Coaching & Mentoring
To participate in this training, please register your business with the Workforce Training Fund Small Business Direct Access Program.
This training examines the ingredients of an effective mentoring program that focuses on coaching as the main strategy for people development.
Coaching and Mentoring is more than just driving results. It also:
- Increases employee engagement and commitment
- Increases an employee’s work effort
- Increases likelihood that an employee stays vs. leaves for a better opportunity
- Motivates an employee to “go the extra mile”
- Increases an employee’s job satisfaction
- Makes an employee feel more valued
Topics covered in this 12-hour training include:
Topic 1: Introduction, Coaching/Mentoring Expectations & Relationship: What Does It Mean to be a Coach/Mentor
- How to leverage your life experience as a mentor
- The difference between mentoring and coaching and knowing when to apply each
- Define expectations for mentees
- How to apply a mentoring process and build rapport
Topic 2: Managing the Coach/Mentor Expectations & Relationship
- Mentor - Mentee Fit: Understanding how to adapt to different managing styles
- How to start out & design a coaching/mentoring process & structure
- The Golden Rules of Coaching/Mentoring
Topic 3: Refining Coaching/Mentoring Skills & the Coaching Process
- Skills to manage relationships: Energy & Proactivity
- Honing advanced communication, active listening & constructive feedback skills
- How to plan & develop milestones for tracking progress
What am I going to get from this course?
After completing this course, participants will be able to more effectively coach and mentor employees to improve job performance, better manage workplace relationships, increase communication and build rapport with your team. You will be able to use the Continue/Start/Stop method:
- What should the employee Continue to do because they are doing it well?
- What should the employee Start doing because it’s something that is currently missing?
- What should the employee Stop doing because it’s contrary to organizational standards or detrimental to the employee’s growth and career development.
What will students need to know or do before starting this course?
- Students should be aware of and ready to discuss policies and challenges in their organization as participation is encouraged.
- This course is recommended for all supervisors and leads who are looking to improve their ability to effectively communicate and develop the skills of their employees.
For more info, call us at 774.357.2527