Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Voucher Included)
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
The Health Unit Coordinator is the central figure in a health unit. Learning management of information, communication, medical terminology, critical thinking, and cultural diversity will prepare you to work in a variety of health care settings.
In Medical Terminology you will learn not only medical terms themselves, but also their application. You'll start by learning the origins of medical words and how to recognize prefixes and suffixes used in medical terminology. Then you'll learn about the body as a whole and how to differentiate cells, tissues, organs, systems, and cavities. Next, you'll learn to define and describe the function of each system of the human body. This knowledge will help you take the next step in your medical career or education.
Upon completion of this course you will be prepared to sit for the NAHUC Certification Exam. This course also includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
What you will learn:
- Be introduced to the history of medicine and health unit coordination
- Obtain knowledge in supplies and service managementLearn the importance of confidentiality and patient rights and responsibilities
- Practice critical thinking, medical terminology, and the transcription of orders
- Obtain knowledge in promoting a healthy environment and safety issues
- Learn about the patient record and admission, transfers, and discharge
How you will benefit:
- Become ready to take the NAHUC certification exam
- Prepare for a career as a health unit coordinator at a hospital, medical office, and various other health care facilities
- Learn an assortment of medical terminology that will allow you to better communicate with patients and medical professionals
- Master the legal and ethical skills needed to be successful in an office environment
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Registration open anytime: Mar 29th, 2021 - Jun 30th, 2025