Filter by Category
Online via Zoom
Effective Coaching & Mentoring
To participate in this training, your business must be registered with the Workforce Training Fund Small Business Direct Access Program. Please register here.
This training examines the ingredients of an effective mentoring program that focuses on coaching as the main strategy for people development.
Coaching and Mentoring is more than just driving results. It also:
- Increases employee engagement and commitment
- Increases an employee’s work effort
- Increases likelihood that an employee stays vs. leaves for a better opportunity
- Motivates an employee to “go the extra mile”
- Increases an employee’s job satisfaction
- Makes an employee feel more valued
Topics covered in this 12-hour training include:
Topic 1: Introduction, Coaching/Mentoring Expectations & Relationship: What Does It Mean to be a Coach/Mentor
- How to leverage your life experience as a mentor
- The difference between mentoring and coaching and knowing when to apply each
- Define expectations for mentees
- How to apply a mentoring process and build rapport
Topic 2: Managing the Coach/Mentor Expectations & Relationship
- Mentor - Mentee Fit: Understanding how to adapt to different managing styles
- How to start out & design a coaching/mentoring process & structure
- The Golden Rules of Coaching/Mentoring
Topic 3: Refining Coaching/Mentoring Skills & the Coaching Process
- Skills to manage relationships: Energy & Proactivity
- Honing advanced communication, active listening & constructive feedback skills
- How to plan & develop milestones for tracking progress
What am I going to get from this course?
After completing this course, participants will be able to more effectively coach and mentor employees to improve job performance, better manage workplace relationships, increase communication and build rapport with your team. You will be able to use the Continue/Start/Stop method:
- What should the employee Continue to do because they are doing it well?
- What should the employee Start doing because it’s something that is currently missing?
- What should the employee Stop doing because it’s contrary to organizational standards or detrimental to the employee’s growth and career development.
What will students need to know or do before starting this course?
- Students should be aware of and ready to discuss policies and challenges in their organization as participation is encouraged.
- This course is recommended for all supervisors and leads who are looking to improve their ability to effectively communicate and develop the skills of their employees.
To participate in this training, your business must be registered with the Workfoce Training Fund Small Business Direct Access Program. Please register here.
People at all levels of management face a number of challenges and responsibilities, especially under rapid workplace change. There is no more demanding role than that of a supervisor and this role continues to evolve. It is so much more than assigning or directing work. A supervisor’s success hinges on how effectively they can communicate and manage their team’s performance. High performing teams don’t just happen - they are made up of individuals who bring a broad spectrum of skills, talents and experiences to the workplace and are often developed one member at a time. To keep a team fully engaged, a supervisor must be able to manage of change and communicate effectively. Changes that are negatively perceived by team members can disrupt morale and the flow of work.
This course highlights how changes in the workplace and in society, have necessitated changes in how a professional supervisor leads and directs people to achieve greater business results and professional development.
Topics covered in this 20-hour training include:
Topic 1: The Changing Role of the Supervisor
- Making the transition from employee peer to supervisor
- Trust and credibility
- Fear vs. respect: how should you manage?
- Mini-DiSC: what's your style of supervising?
Topic 2: Increasing Supervisory Effectiveness
- Effective communication
- Communication style & asking good questions
- Listening skills & non-verbal communication
- Task & time management
- Delegating & managing change
Topic 3: Supervising a Diverse Workforce
- Managing diversity & inclusion
- Promoting inter-cultural communication
- Supervising a multi-generational workforce
Topic 4: Performance Management
- Introduction to coaching & feedback
- Using G.R.O.W. - A Coaching Discussion Model
- Introduction to Discipline in the Workplace
What am I going to get from this course? You will be able to:
- Describe changes in the business climate that have influenced a change in how supervisors manage their direct reports.
- Explain the impact that a supervisor’s trust and credibility has on team performance.
- Articulate and demonstrate the habits of credible leadership.
- Demonstrate how to effectively use your knowledge and understanding of DiSC profiles to build and develop more collaborative, cohesive and productive work relationships within your team and with individual team members.
What will participants need to know or do before starting this course?
- Participants should be aware of workplace policies and challenges in their organization and ready to share since participation is encouraged. Everyone has leadership qualities. This course is recommended for new supervisors and supervisors in the role looking to update their skills. All experiences are welcome.
Level 1 Certified Google Educator Exam Prep
with Julie Delcourt
COVID-19 challenged educators across the world to find new and exciting ways to deliver curriculum to students. This course will provide educators with the proficiency and knowledge training for candidates preparing to take the Google Certified Educator Level 1 course and others who wish to obtain a proficient understanding of the following Google Applications:
- Google Drive - Efficiently store and share files
- Google Docs - Solid understanding of the feature within and how to apply
- Google Sheets - Effectively create, edit, share, manage data through formulas, pivot table etc.
- Google Slides - Create, use and present slides both virtually and in person
- Google Forms - Create Forms and surveys and process the data effectively
- Google Classroom - From beginner to a deep dive into utilizing automated communication
Microsoft Office 365 Part 2: Next Level User SharePoint and TEAMS
with Julie Delcourt
This course will give you a more advanced view on how to use both SharePoint Online Team Sites and OneDrive for Business that are part of Office 365. The course material is intended for students currently working with Office 365 inside a business. SharePoint and Teams work in tandem and learning the innerworkings and features of these applications can assist in time saving productivity methods that can streamline the processes in place for approvals and workflows within the new virtual world surrounding everything. Look at the value of creating document libraries, lists and using a site to communicate with your outer circles. Communication being the key to almost any success, this course will assist our students with a strong comprehension of features and benefits specific to how SharePoint and Teams within the Office 365 platform work together.
We recommend you take Part 1 before Part 2 unless you are an everyday user with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
Level 2 Certified Google Educator Exam Prep
COVID-19 challenged educators across the world to find new and exciting ways to deliver curriculum to students. This course will provide educators with the proficiency and knowledge for training candidates preparing to take the Google Certified Educator Level 2 course and others who wish to obtain a proficient understanding of all the Google Applications. It is recommended before enrolling in Level 2 Certified Google Educator Prep to enroll in Level 1.
- Get recognition and make a bigger impact in your lesson plans
- Distinguish yourself as an educator, showcase your skills on your resume, and share on your professional networks.
- Demonstrate proficiency advance in your professional development while validating your proficiency with Google’s tools for the classroom.
- Educator Level 1 and 2 Certifications are prerequisites to Google’s Certified Innovator and Trainer programs, where you can lead, and collaborate with other educators.