Filter by Category
Certificate in Finance Essentials
Bristol is partnering with MindEdge, founded by Harvard and MIT educators in 1998, to improve the way our region learns – student by student. Online, self-paced or instructor led, MindEdge offers over 30 courses in very diverse sectors. Many courses come with certificates leading to a career or a new skill to develop and expand your portfolio.
The best part is you can register for this class anytime!
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3rMUx0B
This online certificate program introduces non-financial managers to the essentials of finance. The courses will help you become conversant in critical financial terminology, and you'll learn how to calculate key financial management indicators. You will learn how to assess your organization's financial health by reviewing balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow, and you will discover how finance and accounting tools can be used to support informed decision making within organizations.
Courses Included in this Certificate:
- How to Read a Financial Statement
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Financial Planning and control
- Time Value of Money and Risk
- Understanding and Managing Budgets
Total PDUs/ Contact Hours: 19
- Leadership PDUs: 0.25
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 13
- Technical PM PDUs: 5.75
- CEUs: 1.9 (Contact Hours: 19 hours)
- HRCIs: 19 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business: 19)
- SHRMs: 19
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3rMUx0B
Fitness Business Management
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
Register anytime: https://bit.ly/3ePuKQU
A successful fitness business is about more than burning calories and building muscles. To be competitive in the business world, you need to know about strategic planning, accounting, marketing, human resources, customer relations, and more. This course will prepare you to implement a successful business system in private or commercial health clubs, medically-based fitness facilities, community wellness centers, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics, YMCAs, JCCs, college centers, recreational settings, or corporate fitness centers. This course was developed to establish an industry-standard in fitness management education.
A competitive advantage offered in this course is the Optional Field Internship. Students who take advantage of this option will be able to practice the fitness management concepts they've learned about through an internship in a health and fitness setting. This course is offered in partnership with the IDEA Health & Fitness Association, Health Club Managers, Inc., and Personal Fitness Professional (PFP). IDEA provided content and curriculum for the course, and, as a student, you'll receive a complimentary six-month subscription to the digital edition of the IDEA Fitness Journal. Health Club Managers, Inc., a health club staff and management training company provide graduating certificate students with a preferred discount on their services. PFP provides students with a free three-year subscription. The subscription includes eight print issues of their magazine per year, a bi-monthly e-newsletter, a digital magazine, and access to an interactive website with blogs, polls, articles, and much more.
The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that "Educational Fitness Solutions" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from 2019 – December 2022. Providership # 672784.
Continuing Education Credits/Units:
This course may qualify for CECs/CEUs for the following organizations. Please contact the course provider to obtain the latest information.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- National Strength Professional Association (NSPA)
- National Posture Institute (NPI)
What you will learn:
- Learn the skill-sets and competencies that a fitness professional needs in order to be a successful entrepreneur, owner, or department manager
- Understand how to operate a fiscally successful business in the fitness industry
- Learn business concepts, including purchasing, contractual agreements, risk management and negligence, technology issues, and other fiscal concerns
- Identify how branding influences consumers and creates a demand for fitness services and productsUnderstand customer relationship management methods
- Effectively use sales techniquesLearn how to create strategic business plans for successful health and business ventures
- Master the financial and accounting knowledge needed to manage a fitness operationUnderstand sales and communication techniques needed to thrive in the professional world
How you will benefit:
- Develop the skills needed to succeed as a professional in the fitness industry
- Explore the profession as a potential career choice with the optional field internship experience
- Earn continuing education credits/units
You are required to have CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Optional Field Internship.
Basic computer skills are required.
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3ePuKQU