Filter by Category
Fitness Business Management
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
Register anytime: https://bit.ly/3ePuKQU
A successful fitness business is about more than burning calories and building muscles. To be competitive in the business world, you need to know about strategic planning, accounting, marketing, human resources, customer relations, and more. This course will prepare you to implement a successful business system in private or commercial health clubs, medically-based fitness facilities, community wellness centers, personal training studios, physical therapy clinics, YMCAs, JCCs, college centers, recreational settings, or corporate fitness centers. This course was developed to establish an industry-standard in fitness management education.
A competitive advantage offered in this course is the Optional Field Internship. Students who take advantage of this option will be able to practice the fitness management concepts they've learned about through an internship in a health and fitness setting. This course is offered in partnership with the IDEA Health & Fitness Association, Health Club Managers, Inc., and Personal Fitness Professional (PFP). IDEA provided content and curriculum for the course, and, as a student, you'll receive a complimentary six-month subscription to the digital edition of the IDEA Fitness Journal. Health Club Managers, Inc., a health club staff and management training company provide graduating certificate students with a preferred discount on their services. PFP provides students with a free three-year subscription. The subscription includes eight print issues of their magazine per year, a bi-monthly e-newsletter, a digital magazine, and access to an interactive website with blogs, polls, articles, and much more.
The American College of Sports Medicine's Professional Education Committee certifies that "Educational Fitness Solutions" meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from 2019 – December 2022. Providership # 672784.
Continuing Education Credits/Units:
This course may qualify for CECs/CEUs for the following organizations. Please contact the course provider to obtain the latest information.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Senior Fitness Association (SFA)
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Health and Fitness Professionals Association (HFPA)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- National Strength Professional Association (NSPA)
- National Posture Institute (NPI)
What you will learn:
- Learn the skill-sets and competencies that a fitness professional needs in order to be a successful entrepreneur, owner, or department manager
- Understand how to operate a fiscally successful business in the fitness industry
- Learn business concepts, including purchasing, contractual agreements, risk management and negligence, technology issues, and other fiscal concerns
- Identify how branding influences consumers and creates a demand for fitness services and productsUnderstand customer relationship management methods
- Effectively use sales techniquesLearn how to create strategic business plans for successful health and business ventures
- Master the financial and accounting knowledge needed to manage a fitness operationUnderstand sales and communication techniques needed to thrive in the professional world
How you will benefit:
- Develop the skills needed to succeed as a professional in the fitness industry
- Explore the profession as a potential career choice with the optional field internship experience
- Earn continuing education credits/units
You are required to have CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Optional Field Internship.
Basic computer skills are required.
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3ePuKQU
Grant Writing for Public Employees and Nonprofits
with Mary Ellen DeFrias
Course Objectives for Grant writing
- Be able to research, plan and write effectively for multiple purposes.
- Understand the entire grant proposal writing process, including defining scope, project management and financial projections
- Learn the fundamentals of budgeting
- Identify roles of funding agencies, philanthropic foundations and giving institutions
Course Outcomes for Grantwriting
- Identify funding sources
- Write and present persuasive grants that inspire funders
- Produce high-quality grant proposals
- Increase your knowledge of the development field
- Manage a grant
- Nurture a relationship with funders