Filter by Category
Human Resources Management
Certificate in Human Resource Management
Bristol is partnering with MindEdge, founded by Harvard and MIT educators in 1998, to improve the way our region learns – student by student. Online, self-paced or instructor led, MindEdge offers over 30 courses in very diverse sectors. Many courses come with certificates leading to a career or a new skill to develop and expand your portfolio.
The best part is you can register for this class anytime!
An effective human resource management strategy is a valuable asset to any company, but those running small businesses often cannot justify designating a full-time HR professional to manage employee relations, compensation, policy-making, performance management, and employee appraisals. This suite of courses will teach you the basics of managing the benefits and policies that support an effective staff. What does an employer need to know about anti-discrimination regulations? What are the key aspects of pay policies? How can employers avoid the traps of the employee selection process? In this suite of courses, you will discover the answers to these and other important questions. Each 3 to 5 hour, self-paced course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, selected readings, case studies, and self-assessments that will engage you and structure your learning about human resource management. Upon successful completion, you can download a printable certificate of completion for this online course suite. This certificate has no textbooks or prerequisites.
Courses Included in this Certificate:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Selection
- Performance Management
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Talent Management and Career Development
- Introduction to Human Resources Management
- Data and Human Resource Management
Total PDUs/ Contact Hours: 6
- Leadership PDUs: 1.75
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 3
- Technical PM PDUs: 1.25CEUs: 2.1 (Contact Hours: 21 hours)
- HRCIs: 21 (Type: General: 18, Specified - Strategic Business: 3)
- SHRMs: 19.5
Register Here: https://bit.ly/2PxwAfY
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019 and Payroll Practice and Management
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
If you are pursuing a position as a bookkeeper, this course will train you to use QuickBooks 2019 for small business bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll.
For many small businesses, the responsibilities of payroll management and bookkeeping falls to one professional well-versed in both disciplines. Knowing how to balance books, track finances, and administer pay is key to overseeing a company's finances.
This online course bundle covers all critical areas of bookkeeping and payroll administration. You will first learn how to utilize QuickBooks for common bookkeeping situations, such as running general ledger reports, working with the chart of accounts, managing inventory, and more.
You will then learn the principles of payroll management. Payroll Practice and Management provides a foundation for classifying workers, calculating overtime pay, and overseeing payroll functions. But there is more to payroll than calculating gross wages—you will also learn to manage year-end forms, which relies on your bookkeeping skills.
Note: This course bundle does not include the QuickBooks 2019 software.
What you will learn:
- Perform double-entry bookkeeping and basic bookkeeping equations
- Set up QuickBooks 2019 for optimum use
- Use double-entry bookkeeping to record business transactions in QuickBooks 2019
- Manage periodic bookkeeping tasks
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as well as the Internal Revenue Code
- Master the mathematics associated with calculating wages and taxes
- Learn the fringe benefits and compensation offerings that could be given by an employer
How you will benefit:
- Learn how to effectively use QuickBooks 2019 to save an organization time and money
- Practice bookkeeping with confidence by becoming aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods
- Become an indispensable part of a small business that needs quality bookkeeping skills
- Set yourself up for a successful career as a payroll specialist, bookkeeper, payroll manager, or payroll accountant
- Know how to effectively communicate and manage a group of employees within a payroll department
- Master the federal taxation laws that pertain to payroll so as to become better equipped to handle clients' needs
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3u0cQ3U