Filter by Category
Health and Fitness
AFAA Group Fitness Instructor (Voucher Included)
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
From gyms to fitness studios, more people are taking group fitness classes. There's a good reason for that; group fitness offers expert instruction in a positive environment. This online course will prepare you to become a certified group fitness instructor. Earning this credential from the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) verifies that you can safely and effectively teach group fitness classes.
This course includes a voucher with enrollment. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying AFAA GFI Exam upon completion of the course and eligibility.
What you will learn:
- Demonstrate comprehension of fundamental scientific concepts related to exercise science
- Design a well-structured and balanced fitness class or workout for a diverse group of participants that is both safe and effective
- Demonstrate comprehension of key instruction and presentation skills necessary for effective group instruction
- Demonstrate key traits of professionalism as a group fitness instructor
- Demonstrate the key skills and knowledge required to be a competent group fitness instructor
How you will benefit:
- Pass AFAA Group Fitness Instructor certification test and earn a nationally accredited certificate
- Certification exam cost is included with course enrollment
- Walk into any gym in the nation and be employable as a group fitness instructor
- Allow them to run private group fitness classes
The AFAA-GFI course itself is available to all candidates interested in furthering their education in the field of group fitness. In order to take the AFAA-GFI credentialing exam, candidates must be 18 years or older and meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to sitting for the exam. (All CPR/AED courses must have a hands-on training component.
- AFAA will not accept a CPR/AED certification card from an online provider.)
Register Here: https://bit.ly/2QyD4Ma