Filter by Category
Entrepreneurship (ACE CREDIT®)
Bristol is partnering with MindEdge, founded by Harvard and MIT educators in 1998, to improve the way our region learns – student by student. Online, self-paced or instructor led, MindEdge offers over 30 courses in very diverse sectors. Many courses come with certificates leading to a career or a new skill to develop and expand your portfolio.
The best part is you can register for this class anytime!
This online course teaches essential skills and knowledge for entrepreneurs. Throughout five segments, learners will explore how entrepreneurs create successful ventures, and develop functional skills in management, accounting, marketing, and business law. The self-paced course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, selected readings, case studies, and self-assessments that engage students and provide opportunities to practice entrepreneurial skills.
This course is made up of the following components:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs
- Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs
- Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs
This course has been evaluated by The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) with a recommendation of 2 credits, lower division, in entrepreneurship.
A student's grade in the course will be based on their performance on a final, cumulative exam. The final exam is composed of 40 multiple-choice questions. Students will have 1.5 hours to complete the exam. The exam is proctored. For more information, please see the syllabus.
If students do not earn a passing score of 70% on their first attempt, they will have the opportunity to take the exam 2 additional times (3 total attempts). Students must wait 24 hours between exam retakes. A passing score of 70% of above is required to request college credit for this certificate.
CEUs: 2.5 (Contact Hours: 28 hours); HRCIs: 25 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business: 15, General: 10); SHRMs: 25; ACE Credits: 2
Course Syllabus: https://bit.ly/3w3OQhN
Register Here: https://bit.ly/2P0MO1z
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019 and Payroll Practice and Management
Bristol and ed2go are partnering to present a menu of professional programs to prepare for exams and certifications – some industry recognized!
Self-paced and instructor-led, ed2go is a platform to develop your resume and enhance your career.
If you are pursuing a position as a bookkeeper, this course will train you to use QuickBooks 2019 for small business bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll.
For many small businesses, the responsibilities of payroll management and bookkeeping falls to one professional well-versed in both disciplines. Knowing how to balance books, track finances, and administer pay is key to overseeing a company's finances.
This online course bundle covers all critical areas of bookkeeping and payroll administration. You will first learn how to utilize QuickBooks for common bookkeeping situations, such as running general ledger reports, working with the chart of accounts, managing inventory, and more.
You will then learn the principles of payroll management. Payroll Practice and Management provides a foundation for classifying workers, calculating overtime pay, and overseeing payroll functions. But there is more to payroll than calculating gross wages—you will also learn to manage year-end forms, which relies on your bookkeeping skills.
Note: This course bundle does not include the QuickBooks 2019 software.
What you will learn:
- Perform double-entry bookkeeping and basic bookkeeping equations
- Set up QuickBooks 2019 for optimum use
- Use double-entry bookkeeping to record business transactions in QuickBooks 2019
- Manage periodic bookkeeping tasks
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as well as the Internal Revenue Code
- Master the mathematics associated with calculating wages and taxes
- Learn the fringe benefits and compensation offerings that could be given by an employer
How you will benefit:
- Learn how to effectively use QuickBooks 2019 to save an organization time and money
- Practice bookkeeping with confidence by becoming aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods
- Become an indispensable part of a small business that needs quality bookkeeping skills
- Set yourself up for a successful career as a payroll specialist, bookkeeper, payroll manager, or payroll accountant
- Know how to effectively communicate and manage a group of employees within a payroll department
- Master the federal taxation laws that pertain to payroll so as to become better equipped to handle clients' needs
Register Here: https://bit.ly/3u0cQ3U